Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time is a Gift!

It goes by so fast! How many time do we hear those words? It's true.... time does go by too fast. I'm watching Grant this morning as he's playing outside, exploring, climbing and investigating new things, remembering when he was born and thinking this day was so far away. I even sometimes hoped for the day when he would start walking or talking and now know I should have cherished those early days more. As a first time mommy it's hard to know how precious that first baby is, the time that you have to spend with him.

I woke up this morning with thankfulness in my heart for the family that God has blessed me with. I'm always quick to call it my family... my children but really it's God's family and children. How precious, amazing, unique and sweet they are. The love that they have for life, their siblings and parents is a gift. At the end of the day when I rub Natalie's little head and find it covered in who knows what because of the kisses that were shared with her from Grant and Olivia, that is a gift. Waking up in the middle of the night with Olivia closely pressed by my side, snoring loudly, is a gift. Watching Grant as he finds the courage to meet and talk to new friends, reflecting back on the days when he struggled to learn words, very sweet feeling. Our days go by ridiculously too fast and most of the time are filled with things that can wait or things that shouldn't worry our hearts. Thankful for the sunshine this morning and reminder from God on how sweet these children are.

A while ago I read a book by John Piper called, Don't Waste this Life, a very convicting book about how we're spending our time and about taking real look at what our priorities and focus's are. Something that I should read more often to renew my own convictions about what I'm spending my time on.

What a sweet gift of time we have today! Thank you Lord for the children and husband you have blessed this life with.



Trying to get her to show off her smile... :) She was trying to get the camera!




Olivia Rose
6 Months Old
Her and Natalie look so much alike.




This is Grant when he was two months old.
Here's Grant when he was six weeks old!




1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, you should really be a writer! Thank you for sharing. That was a great way to start my day. I love you and I just love reading about the kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete